Monday, November 26, 2007
Next Saturday Mizzou will be playing Oklahoma for the Big 12 Championship. We lost to Oklahoma earlier in the season so we'll let them have that one and we will win this one! The game is at San Antonio. We need to win this game to stay #1 in the Nation. Chase Daniels, Mizzou's quarterback is awesome, and I know he and the rest of the team will take us to this victory.
What should we have for snacks for the game? Hot chicken wings? Veggie tray? What is your favorite game day foods?
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
1. What is your occupation? Office Manager
2. Do you like banana sandwiches? No
3. What are you listening to right now? Football game
4. What was the last thing you ate? Triple chocolate cake - I need to share this recipe, it was great.
5. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes for fun if it is a falling star.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow
7. How is the weather right now? Cool
8. Where are you? Home
9. What is your favorite animal? Dogs
10. How old are you today? 48
11. Favorite drink? Iced tea or margaritas? Ice tea
12. Favorite sport to watch? NCAA basketball
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? no
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? contacts
15. Pets? 4 Labrador Retrievers
16. Favorite month? Any summer month
17. Favorite food? Anything chocolate
18. What was the last movie you watched? American Gangster
19. Favorite day of the year? Christmas
20. What do you do to vent anger? Talk about what’s bothering me to my husband.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? Paper dolls and Barbies
22. Hugs or kisses? HUGS
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Neither
24. Do you want your friends to email you back? yes
25. Who is most likely to respond? Have no idea
26. Who is least likely to respond? Again, don’t know
27. Living arrangements? Own my own home with my husband
28. When was the last time you cried? Probably Oprah.
29. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes
30. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Theresa – 15 years
31. What did you do last night? watched a movie and then had friends over for cake
32. What are you afraid of? losing those I love
33. What bugs you? Someone always trying to make themselves look better by putting you down.
34. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? plain
35. Favorite car? Honda’s
36. Number of keys on your key ring? 9 and I’m not even sure what some of them go to
37. How many years or months at your current job? 3 years
38. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
39. How many STATES/PROVINCES have you lived in? 2 – Missouri and Indiana
I tag: Anyone reading this who would like to be tagged. Go for it!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
1/2 small onion, chopped
Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven Random Facts:
- I don't finish the food on my plate. If it is a sandwich, I always leave a corner of the bread.
- I'm a picky eater. Comes from my parents not making me try things because they were wore out with this from my brothers prior to me.
- I'm currently studying Daniel in my weekly Bible Study. This study is kicking my behind!
- I have made a list of "100 things to do before I die". So far I only have 43 on my list. I've got to come up with some more ideas.
- I've been in every state but two. They are Delaware and Alaska.
- I have osteoporosis. I'm young for this but it is in my genes. I'm exercising and taking meds to keep this at bay.
- I have several different pairs of reading glasses to match different outfits. If I have to have them, might as well have some cute ones.
1. Wonderings and Wanderings
2. Just Enjoying Life
3. Day by Day
4. Nanny Kim
5. Profbaugh's Blog
6. Schultz Party of Four
7. Something's Gotta Give
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I cooked a turkey yesterday with a new stuffing recipe. The turkey was on sale and I wanted to try this new recipe, so turkey sandwiches this week. The stuffing turned out really good. I will post the recipe on my next post.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Yesterday was my birthday. Not a big year that ends with a 0 or 5, but another year closer. My daughter says my 29 and holding might need to change soon since she is 25!
This is me at about 4. I wish I could remember that photo shoot. That was my first studio picture. I don't think I had another until a Senior in High School.
I'm the baby of the family and the only girl. My brothers think that I was spoiled but I think that my parents just got worn out with my brothers and let some things slide with me! But comparatively speaking to my friends, my parents were very strict.
I look at this picture and think about my new granddaughter that is coming soon. Will she look like this? Will she have wavy hair? Will it be red? Maybe her mom won't cut her bangs as high as mine were cut in this photo!
Sunday, November 4, 2007
We worked on the yard today to get the leaves out ... until tomorrow. Our yard is very large with many trees. One good thing is that we don't have close neighbors, so there is no one that expects our yard to be leaf free or worries about our leaves blowing onto their yard.
Leaves by Elsie BradyHow silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
The new upgrade package would get us a new receiver with DVR that would work on two TVs (we have 3 TVs with satellite hooked up) which would eliminate one satellite charge and the local TV charge that we incur would be included in this package. The new DVR cost us $27 to buy ($127 originally but receiving $100 rebate) and $10 dollars less each month because of one less hookup and local stations included! So we upgraded to a much better system with DVR and will be paying $10 less each month - wow!
They also gave us a new XM radio for our patience in working with them on this deal. It took awhile to figure this all out. I think I would have given them a gift, but hey, if they want to give us something, I won't turn it down! Now we have to figure how much this will cost monthly and how it works.
I'm going to love DVR that is for sure. No worries about being home to watch Greys, Survivor, etc. No more commercials! How sweet is this!
Check Out These Sites
- 1000 Awesome Things
- Battery Brains
- By Faith...Ang Baylis
- Continue the Conversation
- Design Mom
- Diva in the Midwest
- DIY Diaries
- Dulce's Crazy Life
- Embracing My Blessings
- FBC Missions Twitter
- Giggle & Bits
- Homemade by Jill
- If the Crown Fits
- Jen Hatmaker
- Just Enjoying Life
- Krazy Coupon Lady
- Little Birdie Secrets
- Long Roads, Beautiful Trails
- Love, Life & Labradors
- Loving Every Moment
- Money Saving Mom
- Motherhood on a Dime
- Mrs. Preppy
- Nesting Place
- Phil and Lacy
- Pink Coupon Cafe
- Refuge Sewing Society
- Ross Christopher
- Schultz Party of Four
- Skip to My Lou
- Snods Abroad
- Southern Hospitality
- The Long Thread
- Too Wonderful for Me
- Wonderings and Wanderings
- ► 2012 (48)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (77)
- ► 2009 (97)
- ► 2008 (89)