Monday, December 31, 2007
Hope you have a wonderful 2008. I'm looking forward to this year and besides the normal exercise more, eat less, pray and read your bible more resolutions, I'm going to work at being the best Grandma ever!
Friday, December 28, 2007
For my 100th post - I give you 100 facts about me!
100. My spiritual gifts are service and exhortation.
99. I MUST check my e-mail every day.
98. I have a borderline obsession with yard sales.
97. I lived in Indiana for 10 years.
96. I wanted to be an OB nurse after I had my first child.
95. I have osteoporosis but am medicating, so hopefully my bones will get better.
94. My favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas.
93. I cannot stand the taste of artificial sweeteners.
92. I volunteer at a local hospital in the OB Unit.
91. I was very thin until about 30!
90. I have auburn colored hair but it is quickly fading to brown.
89. I pray before I go to sleep but sometimes fall asleep doing so.
88. I have an unhealthy addiction to the TV.
87. My favorite color is yellow.
86. I really like my ipod. Listening to Eagles, Carpenters, Beatles, Third Day and more
85. Is the year my second child was born.
84. I love the smell of coffee, but I don't drink it.
83. My Bath and Body Works scent is Japanese Cherry Blossom.
82. Is the year my first child was born.
81. My favorite number is 7.
80. Is the year I married.
79. The only diet soda I like is Orange Sunkist. Diet Pepsi isn't too bad.
78. Is the year I graduated High School!
77. I couldn't remember my husband's name when we first met.
76. I make lists for everything.
75. My wedding color scheme was rainbow with an emphasis on yellow.
74. I am VERY family oriented. I keep in touch with 3rd cousins and great aunts.
73. I cry easily. Sad movies, touching stories, injustices, meanness, etc.
72. I hate snakes.
71. I worked half a day my Senior year of High School.
70. I am a planner.
69. I DVR Oprah, the View, The Closer, Survivor, and the Medium.
68. I have four labs. Belle, Cocoa, Luke and Scout.
67. I walked down the aisle to “Time in a Bottle.”
66. I love sewing, crocheting and cross stitch.
65. I love the smell of gasoline.
64. I love warm weather. I could live in Hawaii for sure.
63. I was the "Most Likely to Succeed" in 8th grade.
62. I worked at two steel mills in Northwest Indiana.
61. I drive a Honda Accord.
60. Once in awhile, I watch Lifetime or Hallmark TV all day.
59. Was the year I was born.
58. I love to nap on Sunday afternoons.
57. I learned how to whistle watching the Bridge On the River Kwai and Andy Griffith.
56. I played volleyball in 7th-8th but wasn't very good!
55. Red Lobster was my first date with my husband. I dislike fish.
54. I like watching chic-flick movies when my husband is out of town.
53. I read CNN, MSNBC and Fox daily.
52. I smoked a cigarette at church camp. Never smoked again.
51. I hate being late.
50. I love to sleep in. But it is not much past 8 a.m. anymore.
49. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult.
48. I love listening to the Eagles!
47. I have a hard time going to bed. I'm a night person.
46. I love watching sport teams play that I root for.
45. I enjoy making gifts for people.
44. My husband makes me laugh. He's my best friend.
43. I love to rock a baby.
42. I miss my grandparents.
41. I was on the yearbook staff in High School.
40. I talk too much and need to listen more.
39. I like to eat chocolate chips and cookie dough.
38. I've been in every state but two (Delaware and Alaska).
37. I enjoy baking.
36. I would like to reconnect with childhood friends.
35. I hold my nose when swimming underwater!
34. My dream is to travel abroad.
33. I stink at playing Trivia Pursuit! I only get the Entertainment questions.
32. I enjoy playing cards and other games with my family and friends.
31. My memory is not what it used to be.
30. M&M's are my weakness.
29. I love to take pictures. My digital camera is great!
28. I took easy classes in High School because I was afraid of not getting A's.
27. I attended a country elementary school.
26. I'm so very proud of my children.
25. I love to go antiquing with my friends and daughter.
24. I made concert choir my Freshman year of High School.
23. Nichole Nordeman is my favorite Christian singer.
22. My feelings get hurt easily.
21. I love doing crafts. Seeing something get completed is a good thing!
20. Is how old I was when I got married.
19. Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie. No one puts Baby in the Corner!
18. I use to bite my nails but now they are long and polished.
17. I love chocolate!
16. I sang "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" at a school program.
15. I've been married 27 years. Met my husband in college.
14. I only went one year to college. But it was a great year!
13. I am a peacemaker.
12. I am the least competitive person in my family.
11. I'm a St. Louis Cardinal fan.
10. I am the youngest child of three. The only girl.
9. I'm working on coming up with 100 goals for my life and only have 43.
8. I like sending cards to people but don't do it enough.
7. I fell and hit a coffee table when young and have a scar on my forehead.
6. Is how old I was when I was saved and baptized.
5. I was a cheerleader in 7th-8th grade!
4. I hate it when people are not respectful.
3. I'm excited about being Grandma!
2. Pregnancy was easy for me.
1. I love technology! New gadgets.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
We had our immediate family's Christmas on the Saturday before due to schedules. We traveled to our daughter's home because she is 9 months pregnant and not traveling. We had a great time, great food and fun presents. I also was able to help with getting the baby's nursery ready for her -- that was fun. One of the gifts I received was an Ipod Nano. I'm pretty excited about playing with this new toy. I've already put more than 300 songs on it and looking for more CDs to add to it. My son also got me a set of speakers so I won't have to use the earbuds all of the time.
My daughter and SIL bought me a beautiful necklace with my initial on it. I've been wanting one like this for some time. The initials are similar to the picture on the left. I don't have a picture of the actual necklace. They also gave me silver ice bucket that is very chic.
Monday, Christmas Eve, we hosted my husband's family at our house. We take turns around the family and this year was us. We had 13 family members and served brisket and turkey along with mashed potatoes and then family members brought vegetables, salad, appetizers and goodies. I prepared a punch that was very popular. I used 1 quart cranberry juice, 1 c. sugar, 2 c. orange juice, 1 c. pineapple juice, 3/4 c. lemon juice, and 2 c. ginger ale. I substituted the sugar with Splenda and only added to taste.
For the place settings, I sewed a Christmas stocking for the silverware and a quilt square for table decoration using the same material. For the nameplate I scanned a piece of the material and then created a name tag in Word. Everyone really liked how all three coordinated.
Now it is time to rest for a week or so before the grandbaby comes. Our daughter just found out that she will need to have a C-Section because the baby is breech, so our calendars are marked for January 9.
This has been a rather long post, but before I sign off, I wanted to introduce a new blog. My daughter and SIL started a new blog entitled Continue the Conversation. Check it out -- they list many ways where you can give back to the community and the world.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Please Lord bring me closer to you during this special season of your son's birth.
I bless Your name.
Thank you for loving me.
Thank you for blessing me,
with the hope and fullness of a life in Christ.
I put my heart’s desires in Your hands;
please bring water to the arid land of my soul.
Set Me free from expecting You
to look like I think You should look,
to act like I think You should act.
Let me relax in Your strong love
and trust You to care for me
as You deem best.
Because You love me.
I can trust you.
- Louis Evans, Stones of Rememberance
Friday, December 14, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
The tree to the left is a cedar tree that was like a big Christmas tree close to our house. I'm not sure we are going to be able to save it. The top broke off and several other branches.
The tree on the right is a large tree in our front yard. It has broken several large branches. Sad to see them hurt so badly.
The temperature has remained above freezing today and suppose to stay that way for a few days. We may get snow in a couple days but no more rain. Of course, this is always subject to change.
Surrounding states like Kansas, Iowa and Oklahoma have been hit really hard by ice as well and seem to be worse than Missouri.
My parents winter in Florida and they have had 85 degree weather this week. They are getting a cold spell this weekend and will have 60 degree weather. I don't think they will be getting any ice! Maybe I need a vacation to Florida!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Mary did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy would calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.
Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Check out this White Christmas song sang by santa and his elves.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
4 lb. bag party chicken wings (bought at Aldi's already cut up)
1 1/2 bottles Louisiana Hot Sauce (or any hot sauce you have around that you like)
4 pkgs Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 stick butter, melted
Spread wings in the bottom of a baking dish. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over wings. Bake at 400 F for an hour or until meat falls off the bone.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
The kitchen table is decorated with this snowman. He's so cute!
I have a few more decorations to put out and a few more gifts to buy. I haven't baked Christmas goodies yet or wrote my Christmas newsletter. I'm thinking about sending out a newsletter after the New Year instead so that it can include information about the new grand baby. Two birds with one stone sort of thing.
We are possibly getting snow tonight or tomorrow so that should really put me in the Christmas spirit. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Countdown: 42 days until due date
Monday, December 3, 2007
I've been super busy lately with preparing for my football party and attending two baby showers that were thrown for my daughter. I will post a picture soon from one of the baby showers and list a few things that she received. There are amazing things now being used by the new moms.
Check Out These Sites
- 1000 Awesome Things
- Battery Brains
- By Faith...Ang Baylis
- Continue the Conversation
- Design Mom
- Diva in the Midwest
- DIY Diaries
- Dulce's Crazy Life
- Embracing My Blessings
- FBC Missions Twitter
- Giggle & Bits
- Homemade by Jill
- If the Crown Fits
- Jen Hatmaker
- Just Enjoying Life
- Krazy Coupon Lady
- Little Birdie Secrets
- Long Roads, Beautiful Trails
- Love, Life & Labradors
- Loving Every Moment
- Money Saving Mom
- Motherhood on a Dime
- Mrs. Preppy
- Nesting Place
- Phil and Lacy
- Pink Coupon Cafe
- Refuge Sewing Society
- Ross Christopher
- Schultz Party of Four
- Skip to My Lou
- Snods Abroad
- Southern Hospitality
- The Long Thread
- Too Wonderful for Me
- Wonderings and Wanderings
- ► 2012 (48)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (77)
- ► 2009 (97)
- ► 2008 (89)
- ▼ December (13)