Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day


Happy Father's Day! What a beautiful day we had today to celebrate. My husband is a wonderful husband and father. He always helped out when the children were little, coached their sports teams as they grew up and encourages and counsels them now that they are grown. In his spare time he enjoys playing golf and basketball, all types of hunting, Cardinal baseball, and labrador retreivers. He can fix about anything and does all the remodeling on the house himself (wallpaper, painting, drywall, etc.). In "Trivia Pursuit" he seems to know every answer and usually wins! His children like to play that game with him to see if they know enough yet to beat him! He's a great Christian man who teaches Youth, sings in the choir and sings in a Quartet. We have been married 27 years and every year gets better.


My own father is 78 years old and going strong. He has been having some asthma and coughing problems lately that is driving him crazy, but other than that, good. He grew up with 4 brothers and a sister and has some crazy stories about "walking uphill both ways going to a one room school in 4 feet of snow"! He served his country in the Korean War and was a Rural Mail Carrier the majority of his working career. By hobby, he enjoyed fixing cars and so it took me some time before I would take my car to a local mechanic and not my dad! He's always been very active in church and made sure we all attended whenevery the doors were open! My dad took us on a camping vacation every year. Some years we took three week vacations. As a child, I traveled to every state but three with my family. I'm pretty much a daddy's girl and my mom says he listens to me more than anyone else (I'm not sure that is true -- he can be pretty stubborn sometimes). My parents have been married 56 years and have always been great role models.


Thanks to the men in my life! You both are great DADS.

No comments: