Monday, May 12, 2008

Good Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I touched base with all of the moms in my life. We visited my mother and dad on Friday night, spent the night and then traveled to visit my daughter who is a first time mom this year.

Then on Sunday I was on a panel of moms at church where we discussed the trials, joys and the meaning of motherhood to a class of High School students. Our lesson was on love and Jesus' never ending love of us.

After church we then went and had lunch with my husband's mother and other family members. It was a good Mother's Day weekend. I received a wonderful card from my daughter and granddaughter and a phone call from my son as well as a gift certificate to a garden store. So I'm looking forward to picking something out for my yard.

The rest of the weekend I caught up on some of my DVR shows and sewed. I finished a purse I had been working on and then made another burp pad for my granddaughter. We finished off the evening watching "Charlotte's Web". It was a cute movie, but it is hard to beat the animated movie I use to watch as a child.

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Cute purse! I have always been a fan of paisley, and I'm glad it's back! Thanks for visiting my blog and for thinking of us! It is always hard to lose a parent. We will miss papa,but will join him in Heaven someday.