Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Shows

"The Closer" is my favorite show. The new episodes started last week. I love Kyra Sedgwick. The character she plays is a strong, independent woman with some idiosyncrasies. Makes her character very interesting. But, I would say to the characters that are guilty -- ask for a lawyer before you spill you guts!

I've been also watching the show that comes after this show -- "Raising the Bar". Since I didn't watch this before this season, I'm still trying to figure out the characters. But so far, it is worth watching. I have it DVR'd so I watch it when I get a chance.

In the past few days I've been listening to Michael Jackson music on my ipod and online. It is good to honor his life by listening to his music. I grew up with Michael Jackson. At camp there were always his poster and Donny Osmond's posters up on the walls. Farrah Fawcett was also part of my early years. "Charlies' Angels" was a very popular show. And last, but not least, I stayed up late to watch "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon. It has been a sad week regarding these passings, but also a walk back through memory lane.

On another random note, eight other ladies and myself went together to watch "My Sister's Keeper". Most everyone had read Jodi Picoult's book prior to attending the movie. It is definitely a tear jerker. Most of us were disappointed that they altered the ending so drastically from the book. Jodi Picoult's website indicated she had no control over the movie script. I really love Jodi Picoult's books and her ethic dilemmas, twists and turns.

I'm really looking forward to this July 4th holiday and hope you are too. Pictures and stories to share after the festivities ... let's just say antiquing, BBQ, and fireworks are in my future.

No comments: