Friday, September 7, 2007

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again

As I read about many of the bloggers who are sending their children to school or preparing to be new mothers and as I think about the days gone by with my own children and prepare for a new grandbaby, these words ring true.

From “If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again”

If I had my child to raise all over again,

I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.

I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less.

I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.

I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.

I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.

I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I’d do more hugging and less tugging.

~Diane Loomans

4 comments:

Suburban prep said...

That is beautiful
I unfortunately do not have children but I am sending this to my siblings that do.

savvycityfarmer said...

More huggin...yes more huggin...a timely note....considering my post, "the empty nestress"....

hugs to you as you love on your kids.

The Charmed Life Online said...

This post is beautiful and I really needed to hear it today. Sometimes when you are in the midst of raising children and tending to a husband, you forget that God wants us to enjoy the journey.

Btw, it made my day to see my site on your favorite links list. Thank you so much!!!

susan said...

I need to remember this!!! Thank You.