Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sewing & Cooking

I mentioned in my previous post about finishing up on sewing my new curtains. I found this material at a garage sale for $1 and this is what the end result was. I'm very pleased. This is a bay window in my dining area.

I also mentioned taking a casserole and birthday cake to my son's house for his birthday. He invited over 4 other guys and my daughter and her husband also joined us. We really enjoyed ourselves and enjoyed seeing where he is staying and getting to know some of his friends. He is my youngest child and will turn 22 on Monday. How can that be? He is working to get his Computer Engineering/Computer Science double major completed. We're very proud of both of our kids and how well they are doing and have done academically.

Here is the recipe for my casserole:
King Ranch Casserole

1 chicken, cooked, boned, and cut in bite size pieces

1 pkg of 12 tortillas, cut in fourths

1 onion, chopped fine

1 cup grated cheese (mild Cheddar)

1 can mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes

1 c chicken broth

Heat soup, Ro-Tel tomatoes and chicken broth together until well mixed. Layer in greased casserole as follows: Tortillas, chicken, onion, cheese, soup mixture. Makes 2 to 3 layers. Bake covered in foil in 350 oven for 1 hour. Take foil off last 10-15 minutes.

No comments: