Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week's Events

I've gotten a little bit behind on blogging. Fairly eventful week so far. Last weekend I was busy helping get flowers ready for a friend's wedding. I hope to have pictures soon.

I managed to work in a little bit of garage sales and found this really cute purse. It has really nice pocket areas inside and out and also will carry quite a bit. Love it!

We've been picking blackberries as fast as we can since the 2nd week of July. I've made a blackberry crumble and just this week made a blackberry cobbler. My husband wanted the cobbler and we ended up taking it to a birthday party last night and it was very popular. Not very much left.

Here is the recipe:

Blackberry Cobbler
2 1/2 qt fresh blackberries, washed
3 c sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 c flour

Make pie crust for 2-3 pies. Mix berries, sugar, juice and flour well. Let set until the berries form their own juice.

Line a cake pan with pie crust. Pour in berry mixture. Cut remaining pie crust into strips and crisscross on top of cobbler. Drop slices of butter in lattice squares. Bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Very popular. Found the recipe on Cooks.com

Our garden this year has done just so-so. A little bit of corn, some squash and now a few tomatoes. The rain just flooded out our garden. Our fruit did fabulous, but the veggies, not so good. Can't have everything!

I'm on the countdown for babysitting my granddaughter. Two more days! I'm traveling to her and watching her while her mom and dad have an evening out. Can't wait.

No comments: