Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Foot Stool DIY

I bought this footstool at a garage sale last year. The top opens and there is a storage area underneath. I bought it wanting to try my hand at reupholstering.

Last Saturday I found material at a garage sale that I really liked and decided to use it for this project. The material was actually drapes, but I'm cutting it up for my living room. I also plan on making three pillows for my chairs and possibly a piano bench cushion.

There are several locations on the internet to walk you through the reupholstering. I googled several sites that helped me, especially with the corners.

I love finding material at garage sales. I always seem to find something to do with the material.

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, how pretty! You did a great job and I just love that little stool!

Thanks for your comment! It was so funny because my husband got up and went to work this morning! I had to laugh.....I think I did mention it's a process!

Nina Diane said...

I like it!