Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Movie Review

This movie came into my radar after Anne Hathaway was nominated for Best Actress. I was not really sure what the movie was about, but it looked interesting.

All through the movie, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. The movie is about a dysfunctional family that Kym (Anne Hathaway) comes home from rehab just in time for her sister, Rachel's wedding. Weddings can be crazy without any extra drama of rehab, major dysfunction, etc.

I think this movie made me uncomfortable because I wanted to step in and help them through their troubles. I think this movie is worth watching if you like family dynamics, watching how different characters interact with each other, etc. The movie is rated R and does have a lot of profanity and some sexual content.

I'm glad I watched this by myself last night. My husband would hate this movie!

No comments: