Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Happenings

Our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. All ready for Christmas Day. My family all tucked in bed ready for the big day.

I prepared an egg casserole and my daughter rolled out cinnamon rolls. The recipe for the egg casserole is:

6 eggs
5 slices of bread
one package of bacon
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)

Instructions: Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Meanwhile, chop the bacon and cook it fully (I actually microwaved the bacon and cut up) and allow to cool down.

Now tear the slices of bread into small pieces in a large mixing bowl, mix the cooked bacon, bread pieces, and cheddar cheese together.

In another bowl, mix the eggs with milk. Season it with salt and pepper. If you wish, you can add minced onions in the mixture.

Take a pan and apply cooking spray all over it. Now spread the bread pieces mixture all over the pan. Pour the egg mixture all over it. Place the pan inside the oven and let the disk bake for about 20 minutes.

Everyone really liked the casserole. Some additions you could make would be mushrooms, peppers, sausage, really anything you would put in an omelet.

We had a wonderful white Christmas and enjoyed being together -- it just never is long enough.

Happy New Year Wishes to all. If I can get over my bad cold, it will be a lot better for me.

No comments: