Friday, March 26, 2010

Barbie and Me

The Children's Museum had a Barbie display and of course, I needed my picture with the 1959 Barbie. She and I age together, but I don't think I can wear a bathing suit like that!

I had 2 or 3 Barbies growing up. My first one had plastic slick hair and three wigs to use (blonde, red and brown). The other one that I remember was a talking Barbie. My mom made clothes for my Barbie and I even made Barbie clothes by taking a scrap piece of material and putting elastic on one end and a hem on the other and just pulled the elastic up over Barbie's chest. I was an awesome seamstress!

I still have my Barbies and Barbie cases. I had a Barbie apartment and a Barbie kitchen too. I spent hours playing with my Barbies in my own imaginary Barbie world.

Oh, the memories.

No comments: