Thursday, March 25, 2010

Indy Trip

My husband had a planning meeting for an upcoming conference in Indianapolis so I went along as well as my daughter and two granddaughters. We drove and stayed at the downtown Hyatt when we arrived.

The first day we went to the Children's Museum, which is huge and really packed full of fun things for all ages of children to enjoy. I will post pictures of that soon.

The second day we walked around the state capitol, which was across the street from our hotel. I enjoy visiting and taking pictures of state capitols. I have several pictures in my collection.

While my granddaughters were taking their naps, I walked to the Civil War Monument and took several pictures. The museum was not open, so didn't get a chance to see it. Maybe next time.

We had a great time and I enjoyed my time with my daughter and granddaughters. My husband worked most of the time, but did get to be with us during the evenings.

The downtown area had a lot of restaurants and a large shopping mall. What we didn't find was a playground and a toy store for Cora. We drove a few miles from downtown and found those two things for her to have fun.

Playgrounds and toys -- life's simple pleasures.