Monday, June 14, 2010

Upcoming Trip

My husband, son and I are traveling to Kenya this summer.  My husband has been twice before on a mission trip from our church.  We are also going on a mission trip.  Seven people are on the team.  My husband and I are the oldies senior members.  While there, we will be working with an orphanage.

To prepare for the trip, I have been reading:  "Foreign to Familiar" by Sarah Lanier and "Hope Lives, a Journey of Restoration" by Amber Van Schooneveld.  Both very good books and good preparation for the trip.

I am also making crayon cozies for all the children at the orphanage. I need to make about 15.  These are fun to make and hopefully won't take me long to get them finished.  I still need to purchase the crayons to go inside of the cozy.

I'm really looking forward to this trip but am a little anxious about the flight there.  My longest trip so far on a plane has been to Hawaii.  I will just need to be good about getting up every few hours to walk around and stretch my legs.  Also, will need to bring a lot of reading material and hopefully will be able to sleep on the flights.  I'm looking forward to blogging about our trip once we have returned.

No comments: