Monday, August 30, 2010

Safari

The last few days of our trip to Kenya ended with a safari.  We stayed at the Masai Mara Sopa Lodge.  This resort lodge was in beautiful surroundings, but in the back of your mind you still knew that there were lions very close.

The rooms were very nice and a large buffet was served at every meal.  I was not always sure what each dish was, even when told the name, but there was always plenty of food and the service was excellent.

This Masai woman was selling Masai blankets near the lodge.  Very brilliant colors.  We brought home two black and red checked blankets that I plan on using as accent pieces as I redesign one our bedrooms.
Another Masai woman had beautiful earrings.  I asked her if she would allow a picture because I found her so beautiful and her earrings so interesting.  She was happy to allow the request.

My next blog will have pictures of some of the wild animals we saw while on our safari.

No comments: