Monday, July 2, 2007

Blackberries

Tis the season for blackberries. We have wild blackberry bushes everywhere at our place. The bushes have spread this year, so we have many, many blackberries preparing to ripen. I picked a couple cups tonight. They look great. Belle and Luke (our labs) go out with me and eat the low lying blackberries! In a couple of weeks, we may not be able to keep up with the picking and need to have a blackberry picking party!

I'll try to take a picture of the bushes the next time I go pick. They look great and there are a lot of wildflowers also around the bushes. Anyone have a special recipe they love using blackberries?

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries love them all. Strawberries I am allergic to so I have to stay away from those.

k e r r y said...

blackberries are the best - aren' they!!??