Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Music

I'm already enjoying the Christmas music being played on the radio stations. I have many that I enjoy singing along with. Do you have a favorite? "O Holy Night" used to be my favorite when I was growing up. When I was in 3rd grade I sang a solo of "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" for the school program. I had my two front teeth so I put black gum around them so it looked like I didn't have any!

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs now:

"Mary Did You Know" by Mark Lowry

Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy would give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.
Oh Mary did you know
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.

3 comments:

He Knows My Name said...

this is my new favorite christmas song. it simply says it all. what a gift to write lyrics this beautiful. thanks for posting them.
~janel

Profbaugh said...

This is one of my favorites too!!!

~Cheryl

PAT said...

I love "Mary Did You Know".

Lights were out awhile yesterday and last night. So far we've been lucky, with the electricity staying on! We've heard lots of branches breaking and falling to the ground!

Hope your lights are back on soon!
Pat