Sunday, March 15, 2009

San Antonio Trip

We just returned from a trip to San Antonio, TX. My husband had a conference planning trip preparing for a September conference. Surprisingly, the weather was not what I thought it would be in southern Texas! It was rainy and in the 40's the days that we were there. Luckily, I had looked at the weather website ahead of time and threw a few sweaters and long pants into my suitcase.

San Antonio was very happy about the rain. They have not had rain since May. I did not lock myself in my hotel room but ventured out in the cold and rain and purchased a ticket on a trolley that traveled around to various sites in the city and you could get off and catch the trolley when it came back around in one hour. My first stop was the Alamo, then the Marketplace and then San Jose Mission.

The next few blogs will be dedicated to some travel pictures and stories. So many places in San Antonio to take great pictures. Beautiful colors, architectural designs and historical photos. The weather actually helped with my picture taking. Didn't have to worry about where the sun was!

San Antonio is such a fabulous city. My trolley guide was so very friendly and informative about the city. A lot of history ... if I could only remember what he told me! But very interesting at the time he was telling me.

We stayed at the Gunther Sheraton Hotel only a block off the Riverwalk. We stayed Wednesday through Saturday of last week. It was a nice break and I'm not exactly looking forward to going back to work ... but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

My next blog - pictures of the San Jose Mission. Stay tuned!

No comments: