Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Peace

I am currently in the middle of a book study where we are reading "Blue Like Jazz" from Donald Miller. It was wrote in 2003, so I'm not on the cutting edge! Donald Miller writes "nonreligious thoughts on Christian Spirituality". I'm halfway through the book and it is very interesting and thought provoking. It is about loving Jesus through loving people. An excerpt from the book that I liked is, "I liked the idea of loving people just to love them, not to get them to come to church....we started praying every week that God would teach us to live missional lives, to notice people who needed to be loved."
On another topic, it is very, very hot in the midwest. We are having temperatures over 100 degrees and it is always very humid - so it feels even hotter. This picture I took over this past weekend helps me to think cool. If we could just get some rain, maybe then it would cool down.
This picture was taken at the State Fair. I really wish I had this falls in my backyard! Very peaceful and cool.

No comments: