Monday, October 20, 2008

Quilt Show

I attended a quilt show on Saturday with my parents. There were many beautiful quilts. They had different categories (i.e. machine quilted, hand quilted, wall hangings, etc.) and you voted on which quilt you liked the best in each category.

I have personally quilted one quilt top given to me by my great aunt and am currently working on a baby quilt from scraps of material that I have in my closet. That will be my first quilt top that I have made. I thought a baby quilt would be a good place for me to start.

The quilt above was on display and not in the running on the voting. The quilt on the left I thought was really interesting. The material in the circle area has raw edges.

While I was at the quilt show I ran into one of my High School teachers. That was fun to catch up with her. During lunch at a local restaurant, my waitress was a past classmate that I hadn't seen since graduation. Her twin sister lives nearby me, unbeknownst to me, so we are going to try to have a small reunion when she comes through my town.

Good weekend for visiting and enjoying the wonderful fall weather.

No comments: